[SHIPPING FROM 1ST JULY]
Wines curated by Ferhat Dirik:
1. Angol d'Amig • Scaramusc, 2020 • Lambrusco • Modena, Italy • Sparkling Red
Lots of sour cherry and cranberry, holds its fizz very well. Bubbly and joyful, with a good level of tannins and a dry finish.2. Dinamo • Nucleo X Litro, 2021 • Trebbiano • Umbria, Italy • Orange
2. Christophe Lindenlaub • De L'Autre Cote, NV • Auxerrois • Alsace, France • White
A lot of lemon and yellow apple/pear, unripened peaches, and a little cloudy due to its unfiltered nature. However, it still retains white floral elements and has a rounded finish.
3. Elisa Guerin • Beaujolais Villages, 2021 • Gamay • Beaujolais, France • Red
Clean cherry and strawberry qualities but with complexity of pepper, crushed flowers and a slight tang. Holds good structure, not too loose or too fruit-led. The thinking person’s gamay.
4. Vinos Ambiz • Airene, 2021 • Airen • Castilla y Léon, Spain • Orange
There’s mango and apricot but for me the most prominent flavours are its herbaceous qualities, with rosemary and sage shining through, with high acidity and a lot of minerality. As fun as the bottle looks, this is a serious drink that cannot be ignored.
5. I Mandorli • Sangiovese, 2020 • Sangiovese • Toscana, Italy • Red
Blackberry, blackcurrant, with violet flowers and a little white pepper. Berries burst with pride. Little earthy, too, and a good level of tannins, but all-in-all it is perfectly balanced.
6. Ferhat's tasting notes and food pairings in a bespoke booklet.
7. Poster with artwork by Yüksük printed on 270gsm mohawk paper.
8. Oranj Stickers
[For monthly membership case click here]