[SHIPPING FROM 6TH JANUARY]
Margaux Aubry of Naughty Piglets:
1. Son's of Wines • Soulographie • Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris, Auxerrois, Chardonnay, Riesling • Alsace, France • 2020 • White
Direct press. Aged in Steel. A bit of funk on the nose, which is quickly washed away by a complex incredible slap in the face. I love Farid’s wines, they are very pure with nothing ever added.
2. Valdibella • Dhyana • Perricone • Sicily, Italy • 2020 • Rosé
Not your usual rosé, a rosato perhaps. Vibrant. Slow direct press. Malolactic fermentation. Aged in steel. Honestly forget about pale for a while. This is dark and fucking astonishing.
3. Roucas Toumba • L'Armes Blanches • Chenin Blanc, Vermentino, Chardonnay • Vacqueyras, France • 2020 • White
Direct press. Aged in 225L barrique. Texture & a sense of cloudiness. Incredibly mouthwatering. You essentially want to find a straw and drink it in one go. I have been drinking Eric’s wines for a while now and the balance and consistency of his work is a pure joy.
4. Vino di Giovanni • Chiaretto • Vernaccia Rosa • Umbria, Italy • 2020 • Red
Aged in demijohn for 6 months. Light to medium. Elegance. I refer to this wine as a delicate kiss. One of my ultimate favourites. His wines are very special to me, they make me daydream. His Labels feel somehow homely (and are made of grass), just look at it for a while please and let your mind wander before you taste the wine. Giovanni wants to ‘capture the magical expression of the fruit of the earth’, which I think he does gracefully.
5. Herve Souhaut • La Souteronne • Gamay • Ardèche, France • 2020 • Red
A Punky Gamay. Long macération at low temperature. Aged on fine lees. Not your usual light carbo red. Imagine waking up at the crack of dawn for a walk in the forest to pick and crush red berries. Add some concentration and a pinch of earthy salt. I drank this a lot in December, this wine makes you feel quite wriggly and a bit high.
6. Margaux's tasting notes and food pairings in a bespoke booklet.
7. Poster with artwork by Rhianna Ellington printed on 270gsm mohawk paper.
8. Oranj Stickers
[For monthly membership case click here]