[SHIPPING FROM 1ST NOVEMBER]
Oranj X Maxime Leroy of Slurp:
1. Pierre Weber • Les Lies Là • Pinot Gris, Sylvaner • Alsace, France • 2020 • Sparkling Orange
From clay and limestone soil vineyards on the steep slopes leading down from Husseren-les-Chateaux. The elevation here is up to 400m which makes it one of the highest vineyard sites in Alsace, imparting a great sense of freshness on the wines.
A combination of Pinot Gris and Sylvaner that were harvested separately and both macerated on the skins for 5 days. The juices were combined during élevage and then bottled pet nat style.
2. Bodega Clandestina • Blanc Sense Papers • Xarel-lo • Penedès, Spain • 2020 • White
A blend of three different Xarello wines, each harvested at different times of ripeness. Some of the wine is given skin contact, some for a short period, and a bit for an extended length of 3 weeks. The whole is a wine that is fuller and more textured than a usual Xarello, with creamier notes from having undergone malolactic fermentation.
3. Maison des Ardoisières • Silice • Jacquère •Savoie, France • 2020 • White
This négoce cuvée from Brice Omont comes from organically farmed 50-60yo vines on limestone scree and clay limestone soils in Apremont, fermented and aged in fibreglass vats for 9 months, and bottled with just 20mg/l of sulphur.
4. Mataburro • Idoine • Merlot • Pyrénées-Orientales, France • 2020 • Light Red
What could go wrong with a wine translated to 'good stuff'. Not a lot. This one is a sought after prized possession from a tiny domaine in France. 100% Merlot from vines that are 30 – 40 years old, whole bunch 5 day maceration.
5. Malauva • Osarella • Sangiovese • Umbria, Italy • 2019 • Red
This wine is just one of the components of the Malauva Casa Agricola, a 6 hectare plot located in the Municipality of Castel Giorgio in Umbria with vineyards, olive groves and vegetable gardens. The vineyard is planted on volcanic soils, the winemaking is hands-off. This is 100% carbonic maceration Sangiovese.
6. Maxime's tasting notes and food pairings in a bespoke booklet.
7. Poster with artwork by Two Shoes printed on 270gsm mohawk paper.
8. Oranj Stickers