[SHIPPING FROM 1ST JULY]
ORANJ X RITA'S:
Whats in my case? July's case brings together five fantastic wines chosen by Rita's unbeatable duo Missy Flynn & Cameron Malik-Flynn.
1. Camillo Donati • Ribelle Rosato • Barbera • Italy - Camillo's biodynamic wines have become a staple for a lot of people during the pandemic. The perfect summer sparkling red it’s made from 100% Barbera & enriched with sour cherry flavours, some crunchy tannins & a light herbal finish. *Eccellente* [C.M.F]
2. Cantine Marilina • Sketta • Grencanico • Italy - Cantina Marilana is a 60 hectare winery established in 2001 run by sisters Marilina and Federica Paternò in Southeast Sicily. The Sketta is made with 100% Grenanico from vineyards worked biodynamically & vinified in concrete for 6 months and then in bottle for 3 months. This results in a sprightly but rich and aromatic wine, though the calcareous soil of the region neatens this with a firm acidity that works perfectly with all my favourite park and garden foods. [M.F]
3. Folias De Baco • PT Nat Branco • Arinto, Bical, Rabigato, Alvarinho, Moscatel • Portugal - Funnily enough when I first tasted this wine it really reminded me of a Mexican cocktail, the Paloma, which I think makes it the perfect opening for the Ritas x Oranj case.. Like a Paloma it's refreshing & spritzy with white grapefruit flavours. Unlike the cocktail it is made in the ancestral method by Tiago Sampaio, a young winemaker who has taken over his families' plot of vines in the Douro working with a range of local & imported varietals. When autumn eventually comes round I'd recommend seeking out his Pinot Noir Pet Nat. [C.M.F]
4. Azul Y Garanza • Naturaleza Salvaje Blanco • Garnacha Blanca • Spain - Grapes here feel the effect of hot days and cool nights so they are deep and concentrated, especially these low-yielding bush vines at Azul y Garanza. The wine spends 6 months fermenting in Spanish Amphora, presented unfiltered and unfined and is rich in flavour with stone fruits and herbs. [M.F]
5. Domaine Les Arabesques • Ocarina • Syrah, Grenache, Carignan • France - Grown on black schist it has a unique flavour profile; almost mushroom like umami, dense red fruits on the palate & a bouquet of Mediterranean herbs. Kinda serious whilst super refreshing and definitely an interesting pairing with loads of different styles of food.… [C.M.F]
6. Bodega Rita's 'Hot Water Chile Oil'
7. Missy + Cameron's tasting notes and food pairings in a bespoke booklet.
8. Poster with artwork by Molly Cranston printed on 270gsm mohawk paper.
9. Oranj Stickers